Monday, 28 February 2011
My comments re UK Government Agency wants your email scams – but is it doing it the right way? | Naked Security
Sunday, 27 February 2011
Saturday, 26 February 2011
as previously blogged, status Quo's benefit far outweights revolution(s)! Unrest in China? Six experts weigh in - The Globe and Mail
Friday, 25 February 2011
even millionaires needed to be humble & grateful... what next?? Charlie Sheen sitcom cancelled after radio rant | TV News Extra Blog - Yahoo! TV UK
Chuck Lorre has a long history of featuring 'vanity cards' with messages at the end of shows that he works on. The cards are normally featured for just a couple of seconds so viewers wanting to read them in full often have to pause the picture in order to do so.
Last Monday's 'Two and a Half Men' vanity card said: "If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really p***ed."
Tuesday, 22 February 2011
Makes perfect sense... Trust in China is paramount. Best Buy Shuts China Stores to Focus on More Profitable Brand - Bloomberg
“Store openings will be focused primarily on the profitable growth platforms of its Best Buy Mobile business in the United States and its Five Star business in China,” it said in a statement distributed by Business Wire today.
Best Buy will open 40 to 50 of its Five Star branded stores as it competes against Gome Electrical Appliances Holding Ltd. and Suning Appliance Co. in the world’s most populous nation, where retail sales grew by a monthly average of 18.4 percent last year. The Richfield, Minnesota-based retailer also plans to almost double its Best Buy Mobile stores in the U.S."
Monday, 21 February 2011
Sunday, 20 February 2011
Saturday, 19 February 2011
- Lean startup methology is great, but it is really a lean startup culture you want.
- Lean startup is a machine, garbage in will give you garbage out.
- Early in a startup, product decisions should be hunch driven. Later on, product decisions should be data driven.
- Hunches come from being a power user of the products in your category and from having a long standing obsession about the problem you are solving.
- Domain expertise to the point of obsession is highly correlated with the most successful entrepeneurs in our portfolio.
- Ideas that most people derided as ridiculous have produced the best outcomes. Don't do the obvious thing.
- Monetization should be native and improve the experience for users.
- If you have an idea that you can't get out of your head, do a startup. Otherwise join a startup.
- If you are not technical, get product experience. Get your hands dirty and work with engineers.
- Take risks when you get out of business school. If you don't take risks, you won't find yourself in an interesting job and career."
Friday, 18 February 2011
No wonder how many institutional investors have mostly turned their back on venture capital as an asset class. If things don't turn around soon, even some of the holdouts might begin to reconsider.
Cambridge today also released private equity performance data, showing positive numbers across the board. Private equity outperformed venture capital for the 1, 3, 5 and 10-year periods. It fell short for the 15 and 20-year periods."
Thursday, 10 February 2011
Revenue, but no profitability, real reasons?? Deloitte Football Money League 2011 | Sports Business Group | Deloitte UK
To help maintain some sanity on FML day, here are some figures for 2009/10 for the seven English clubs who appear in the Top 20 of the FML.
* Arsenal turnover excludes property development
** Liverpool figures assume flat costs on 2008/09 and are proforma to exclude all interest payments (to reflect pay down of debt)
*** Villa figures assume flat costs on 2008/09"