- 90 trillion – The number of emails sent on the Internet in 2009.
- 247 billion – Average number of email messages per day.
- 1.4 billion – The number of email users worldwide.
- 100 million – New email users since the year before.
- 81% – The percentage of emails that were spam.
- 92% – Peak spam levels late in the year.
- 24% – Increase in spam since last year.
- 200 billion – The number of spam emails per day (assuming 81% are spam).
Saturday, 23 January 2010
Internet 2009 in numbers | Royal Pingdom
sadly sometimes they never really reveal the source.. so its difficult to tell how trust worthy the 'stats' are..
but interesting few minutes
more click on link above.