Wednesday 10 March 2010

My comments re Foursquare Introduces New Tools for Businesses - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com

Foursquare Introduces New Tools for Businesses - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com

This all make perfect sense.

Sadly main holes are:

1.) trusted identity, 'who actually' visited? even twitter do not know who is really behind an account (yes, they have 'verified' for celebrities.. but its NOT full KYC.. they just called them up)

2.) trusted visits, based on my personal experience, there is no way the system knows that I AM REALLY there.. as I can check into NYC whilst I am in cyberia..

this is not to say that this is not a great system, I think it has the backbone/part of the ideas sorted, but based on the few months I have used it in earnest, I think the above two are key holes.

Of course, the alternative at present is none, except if it is likes of Tesco (with their club card) and Harrah's entertainment (with their Total Rewards card)..

it is however a good start.. ;-)

@GarethWong

No comments: